1. Ethiopian Currency Devaluation (Chris Blattman) and the implications for economic policy.
2. Millennium Development Goals Trailblazers. ( Centre For Global Development) With the MDG Summit a few weeks away, just who has made the most progress towards achieving the targets?
3. UN Mapping Report on the DR Congo. (Texas In Africa) The UN has pushed back the release of the documents relating to the UN presence in the DR Congo to 1 October 2010, after Rwanda threatens action if it is accused of violations in its neighbouring country.
4. Nigeria To Privatise Power Supply. (Reuters) Nigeria has vast reserves of energy supplies but endless power cuts hold the nation back. Will President Goodluck Jonathan make the reforms needed?
5. Jacob Zuma Faces Public Servant Strike. (The Economist) As the strike in South Africa heads into the third week, President Jacob Zuma faces a battle to implement his as yet unclear vision, and direction of South Africa’s future.
6. Botswana Economy Update. (IMF) The global recession hit Botswana hard, a 20.9% fall in mineral demand which led to a -3.7 in growth for 2009, Botswana should recover and balance their budget by 2013, as it stands at -14.3% in deficit.